- Exploring Nursing– An overview of the type of nursing careers.
- Nursing Career Overview– Great explanation of the education and skills needed to be come a nurse.
- The Nurse Career– Outlines the type of jobs nurses can get, and some FAQs about the position.
- Forensic Nursing– Explains what forensic nursing is and the services that use forensic nurses.
- Online Nursing Schools– Listing of schools that offer nursing training and education.
- Statistics– Department of Labor Statistics guide for nurses. Describes job description, qualifications, and pay.
- American Nurses Association– Organization representing the registered nurses of America.
- Healthier Tomorrow– Over 40 associations striving to make nursing careers appealing.
- National Student Nurses Association– Represents 51 nurses associations and 24 specialty nurses associations.
- The National League for Nursing Supports nursing educators.
- American Assembly For Men in Nursing– Provides support for male nurses and seeks to influence men to become nurses.
- Applied Nursing Research– Research articles from the year 2000 to present.
- Nursing Research– Research community for registered nurses in the eastern United States.
- Southern Nursing Research Society– The society is a southern research based community for nurses and aids in career advancement.
- National Institute of Nursing Research– The National Institute of Health research organization for educational institutes, hospitals, and other research organizations.
Journals and Newsletters
- American Journal of Nursing– Popular research journal for nurses.
- Journal of Nursing Scholarship– Nursing scholarship journal.
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing– A peer maintained online journal for the American Nurses Association.
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics– International scientific nursing journal deal with the abstract facets of nursing.
- Online Journal of Rural Nursing– Rural Nurse Organization’s journal for rural nurses and health care facilities.
Clinical Nursing and Biomedical Science
- The Clinical Nursing Institute– Offers training and professional advancement opportunities for clinical and non clinical nurses.
- Journal of Clinical Nursing– List of clinical journal issues.
- National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists– Support for clinical nurses in education, career advancement, and research.
- Foundation for Biomedical Research– Human and veterinary biomedical health research.
- National Center for Biomedical Ontology Biomedical research with online tools and portals implementing investigation and management.
- Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research– A non-profit organization that promotes research and education in biomedical science.
- Nursing Accrediting Commission-Ensures that nursing institutes, educational programs are accredited , meet standards and abide by policy.
- Gerontological Nursing– An American Nurses Association site for materials to learn about the growing industry of gerontological nursing.
- Neonatal Nursing– Educational programs and documents for nurses to use to educate themselves.
- Oncology Nursing– A society dedicated to nurses and health care facilities thriving for success in the health industry.
- Supply Meets Demand?– U.S. Department of Health and Human Services evaluates the possibility of nation lacking registered nursed where needed.