Mississippi CNA Training
Use our exclusive School Matcher.
Instantly get matched with CNA programs now
In this economy, it can be really hard for a person to stay optimistic about his or her financial future. However, the more education a person has, the more job opportunities that become available to him or her. One great career choice that can be achieved with just a small amount of extra education is becoming a CNA.
Becoming a CNA in Mississippi
In order to be eligible to take the Mississippi CNA certification exam, individual must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- He or she must have completed a state-approved facility-based nursing assistant training program and has never been certified as a CNA. The individual must pass both parts of the NNAAP exam within 4 months of the date that he or she was hired.
- He or she must be currently enrolled in an LPN or RN program that is approved by the state of Mississippi.
- He or she must have graduated from a state-approved LPN or RN program. He or she must submit their examination application, fees, and a copy of their LPN or RN training certificate or diploma.
- He or she must have completed an LPN or RN program.
- He or she may become a Mississippi CNA through the reciprocity process if he or she is listed on another state's CNA registry with an 'active' status. An individual in this situation may take the NNAAP exam, and if he or she passes, may begin working as CNA in Mississippi.
- He or she must have a lapsed CNA certification. If the individual fails one portion of the exam on his or her first try, the individual must retake an approved CNA training course.
The written exam consists of 60 multiple choice questions that must be answered within 2 hours.
On-Campus & Online CNA Schools
Mississippi CNA Resources on NurseGroups.com