RN Programs in New Jersey
New Jersey RN Programs
Those who are looking for a challenging and rewarding career should look into registered nursing. RN programs in New Jersey allow people of all ages and backgrounds to pursue a career that has a positive growth outlook. While the recession has hurt many careers, RNs will always be needed to provide medical care.
One who thinks RN programs in New Jersey are suited to your goals would be pleased to know that this career path has a great salary potential and many opportunities for advancement and specialization. New Jersey RN programs range in length, so potential students can pick the program that best fits.
Becoming Licensed by Examination in New Jersey
In order to become licensed as an RN by examination in New Jersey, one must first complete an approved nursing education program. Once this requirement is met, he or she must register for and pass the NCLEX-RN and be cleared on a Criminal History Background Check. Then, one must submit an application to the New Jersey Board of Nursing, along with the following items:
- Official Application for Licensure by Exam and $200 fee
- One passport-type photo
- Certification and Authorization Form
- Official letter of completion sent directly from the individual's education program to the board
The process for licensure by examination is slightly different in New Jersey for those who were educated in a foreign country. For these individuals, the following criteria must be met:
- Full Education course review by the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS)
- Evidence of passing the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam
- Completed licensure application and $225 fee
- Criminal History Background Check clearance
- Passing score on the NCLEX-RN
- One passport-type photo
- Certification and Authorization form
Becoming Licensed by Endorsement in New Jersey
RNs licensed in a state other than New Jersey can be licensed by endorsement, so long as these individuals have completed an approved education program prior to initial licensure. An individual wishing to be licensed by endorsement must submit verification of licensure along with his or her application and licensing fee.
Renewing an RN License
New Jersey RN licenses must be renewed every 2 years. In order to be eligible to renew, one must complete a minimum of 30 hours of continuing education within the previous 2 years.
RN Schools Near You & Online in New Jersey
- Park Avenue & Randolph Road Plainfield, NJ 07060
Programs: Nuclear Medicine Tech, Radiography, RN, Sonography