LPN Programs in Alabama
Search LPN Programs
Get information on LPN programs by entering your zip code and request enrollment information..
LPN Programs in Alabama
Alabama LPN Training
Individuals who are tired of struggling to make ends meet and want to pursue a career in nursing in order to provide a better life for their family might be disappointed to learn that it can take years to become a registered nurse. Someone who wants to work while also continuing his or her goal of becoming a nurse should learn more about Alabama LPN training. These specialized classes are designed to make it possible to become a licensed practical nurse and quickly begin working in a health care setting.
Alabama LPN training is a popular option for those that don't want to wait several years to complete their RN training before they start to earn money in their new profession. LPNs work directly under the supervision of trained doctors and nurses to care for people who are sick, injured, convalescent, or disabled. Anyone who likes working with different types of people, is interested in medical technology, and likes helping others achieve a healthier lifestyle should consider becoming an LPN.
Becoming an LPN in Alabama
In order to become an LPN by endorsement in Alabama, an individual must submit:
- A completed LPN by endorsement application
- Payment to cover the application fees
- Verification that he or she is currently licensed in another US state or territory
- His or her official nursing school transcript in a sealed envelope from his or her nursing school
- Proof that he or she has completed at least 24 contact hours of continuing education
- Proof of US citizenship or lawful presence in the United States
If an individual wishing to work as LPN who was educated in a foreign country must:
- Have a US social security number
- Have passed the NCLEX or the state boards
- Submit a full course-by-course report from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS)
In order to become an LPN by examination in Alabama, an individual must:
- Submit the following: A completed application, official transcript, and proof of US citizenship or lawful presence in the United States
- Register to take the exam and pay the $200.00 fee
- Receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt of Registration from Pearson VUE
- Receive eligibility from the Alabama Board of Nursing
- Schedule an appointment to take the exam
Reinstating a License
An LPN who was previous licensed in Alabama, but whose licensed has lapsed, can have his or her license reinstated by submitting:
- A completed application for reinstatement
- Payment to cover the reinstatement fee
Like in other parts of the country, LPNs in Alabama work directly with patients, clients, and facility residents.
LPN duties include performing basic diagnostic tests, administering medication to patients, giving shots and injections, obtaining patients' vital signs, as well as many other important responsibilities.
As a Alabama LPN, you might specialize in obstetrics, pediatrics, surgery or psychiatry or another nursing specialty that interests you.
The Best LPN Schools in Alabama
By providing the most compehensive list of nursing schools, NurseGroups.com helps you find the best LPN programs in Alabama, including the best online LPN schools accepting students in Alabama.
Why Online LPN Classes?
Being a licensed practical nurse is a great career. But many working adults who want to become an LPN have an extremely busy schedule - balancing a full-time job, family commitments and other personal responsibilities. The traditional classroom setting offered by most local LPN schools doesn't offer the same flexibility as taking their LPN classes online.
Online programs allow students to fit their education into their already busy schedule - studying and taking exams when it's convenient for them. LPN students can access their online classroom 24 hours per day / seven days per week.
Also, taking LPN nursing courses online saves students even more time, as online students don't need to commute to school. Online schools enable busy people to get LPN training, without interfering with their current job or personal life.