Psychology is the study of the mind, its processes, and resulting behavior. Focusing on both the behavior of an individual and the behavior of a group of people, psychology encompasses a broad range of topics and specialties. Children, the elderly, changes along the developmental lifespan, and various mental illnesses and disorders are all subjects explored by those involved in psychology. Psychologists also examine the physiological causes of mental problems and abnormal behavior, and the influence of mental problems and abnormal behavior on the body.
- American Behavioral Scientist – An interdisciplinary journal by Sage Journals Online. This monthly journal covers contemporary issues having to do with the behavioral and social sciences and is intended for researchers, professionals, professors, and students.
- International Journal of Psychology This bimonthly journal of the International Union of Psychological Science includes both empirical articles, reporting on recent psychological studies; and reviews of literature on a given topic.
- Division of Trauma Psychology Newsletter – Sponsored by the American Psychological Association (APA), the quarterly Division 56 newsletter seeks to understand how traumatic events relate to psychological, emotional, and physical health.
- Newsletter: Addressing Barriers to Learning By the Center for Mental Health in Schools, this quarterly newsletter addresses mental health in schools and tactics of intervention.
- American Psychological Association (APA) This benchmark organization for psychologists in the United States has 150,000 members, 50 specialized divisions, and claims to be the largest organization of psychological professionals in the world.
- Association for Research in Personality With over 400 members, this organization is dedicated to understanding issues related to personality, how it is structured, and its development. It publishes the Journal of Research in Personality.
- European Association of Social Psychology This organization of over 1000 members meets every three years and publishes a bimonthly journal. It focuses on social psychology research by Europeans.
- Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues With members numbering approximately 3000, this organization focuses on problems in society and their psychological impact. It publishes three journals: Journal of Social Issues, Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy, and Social Issues and Policy Review.
- International Society of Political Psychology Consisting of 1000 members around the world, this organization focuses on how political and psychological issues relate.
- American Psychiatric Foundation The American Psychiatric Foundation aims to promote public understanding and acceptance of all types of mental illness. It supports educational goals and research as well into this subject.
Psych Grant and Job Info
- National Science Foundation Funding for Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences This program funds research on behavior, especially changes in behavior due to differences in culture, and changes in behavior relating to growth and development.
- Association for Psychological Science Employment Network A searchable list of jobs in the United States and other countries broken down by subject area.
- Online Psychology Career Center This site sponsored by the Social Psychology Network includes job listings, internships, student aid, and career tips for those interested in or involved in a career in psychology.
- PsychMinded Jobs This site features a listing of positions in mental health, therapy, nursing, counseling, and psychiatry. Although the site is based in the United Kingdom and features primarily jobs from that country, some jobs from other countries are listed as well.
- Classics in the History of Psychology Produced by York University in Canada, this site categorizes historical documents of scholarly psychology literature. They are organized by author and topic.
- Intelligence Theory and Testing Sponsored by Indiana University, this site focuses on human intelligence, including profiles of professionals who have shaped the study of intelligence theory, research, and testing.
- The Whole Brain Atlas Produced by Harvard University Med School, this interactive site presents photos of a normal human brain and compares it to what the brain looks like when it is influenced by stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, AIDS, and other illnesses and diseases.
- The Quantitative Study of Dreams Presented by sleep and dream researchers at the University of California Santa Cruz, this site includes student resources, a library of dream research, and questions about and content analysis of dreams.
- The Psychology of Cyberspace Organized by a professor in the Psychology Department at Rider University, this web site offers information on psychological issues surrounding computers, online networks, and the Internet.
- Probability Surprises Produced by a Stanford University statistics professor and the National Science Foundation, this site includes problems and examples surrounding the unpredictability of probability.
- Rice Virtual Lab in Statistics Presented by Rice University and the National Science Foundation, this web site offers simulations, demonstrations, interactive online courses, and case studies in statistics.
- PsychEps This web site run by the University of Northern Iowa allows users to participate in research experiments, demonstrations, and lab experiments surrounding statistics and their use in psychological research.
- Web Experimental Psychology Lab Produced by the Psychological Institute at the University of ZÃ¼rich, this site provides users the chance to participate in online psychological experiments on contemporary topics ranging from using cell phones while driving to privacy matters.
- Victim Assistance Online This nonprofit organization features information, research materials, and networking opportunities for victim assistance around the world.
- National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices Sponsored by the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), this searchable database provides intervention and treatment information for those with or close to someone with substance use and mental disorders.
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America This web site presents information to help users and professionals understand anxiety and find treatment for anxiety problems. A searchable database helps those in need find a therapist.
- ABTA Dictionary for Brain Tumor Patients Presented by the American Brain Tumor Association (ABTA) and Massachusetts General Hospital, this site offers information and a glossary of terms relating to brain tumors. It is intended to help those with or close to someone with a brain tumor understand what is being said about their condition and treatment.
- Bipolar Disorder News, Information, and Suppport This non profit web site offers information, education, and support for those with or close to someone with bipolar disorder.
- BluePages Produced by the Centre for Mental Health Research a the Australian National University, this web site provides information on symptoms, treatment options, prevention strategies, and research on depression.
- Understanding Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Written by a psychiatrist specializing in OCD, this site presents a definition, symptoms, and treatment options for those experiencing or close to someone with obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Trichotillomania This site based in the United Kingdom is maintained by sufferers of trichotillomania, a hair-pulling psychological disorder. It offers support for sufferers and those who love someone who suffers from this disease.
General Psych Links
The academic and clinical applications of topics in psychology is far-reaching. They can affect not only the mental well-being of humans, but also trends in society, the law, communities, education, and even culture.
- New York Nursing School
- Arizona LPN Nursing Classes
- Idaho LPN Programs
- New Jersey LPN Programs
- Connecticut Nurse Aide Training
- West Virginia CNA Certification
- Arkansas RN Schools
- North Dakota RN School
- Nebraska Certified Nursing Assistant Certification
- Vermont Certified Nursing Assistant Certification
- Delaware Online DNP
- Oregon LPN Nursing Schools
- Mississippi CMA Degrees
- Nevada Nursing Assistant Programs
- Montana Nurse Aide Certification
- Colorado Online Nursing Masters Schools
- Wisconsin LPN Nursing Classes
- Washington LPN Programs
- Idaho CNA Certification
- Georgia Certified Nursing Assistant Courses
- Idaho Phlebotomy Certification Schools
- Wisconsin LPN Training
- Kansas CNA Training
- Maryland LPN Nursing Classes
- South Dakota LPN Training
- Nebraska CNA Training
- Montana Online Nursing School
- Arizona Online DNP Programs
- Delaware CNA Classes
- New Hampshire Nursing Assistant Programs
- New Jersey CMA Programs
- Virginia LPN Schools