Preparing for the NLN PAX-RN Exam
The NLN PAX is the National League Nursing Pre-Admission Examination, which is a standardized entrance exam for registered nursing programs. Pre-nursing students have to pass the NLN PAX-RN Exam to gain admission to nursing schools.
The exam is mandatory for people who want to pursue a nursing education, which is required for getting nursing jobs. The NLN PAX score is considered the universal score for gaining admission to nursing schools in the United States. The exam is tough so you should prepare adequately to achieve a good score.
Regardless of prior education, you can enroll in nursing programs if you score equal to or more than the approved eligibility score of the test in the NLN PAX-RN Exam. You will have to fill out the registration form to take the test, and pay a minimum fee (under $100) for registration.
How to Take the NLN PAX-RN Test?
To take the test, you will have to reach the examination venue on the specified date and time which can be found in the exam confirmation document. On the exam day, you are allowed carry your exam confirmation document, photo ID, pencils, and erasers to the examination center.
PAX – RN exam is a 3-hour test and you get one hour to solve each section of the test paper. The questions are multiple choice questions and the complete test is to be taken in one session. There are three different areas in which you have to prepare – math, science, and verbal ability.
- The verbal skill test includes a test of basic language knowledge and reading comprehension.
- The mathematics test is mostly about calculation, algebra, geometry, word problems, graphs, conversion, and applied mathematics.
- The science test includes questions from the courses like physics, chemistry, biology, and earth sciences.
Most nursing schools require a composite score of 50% to be admitted to the program but the minimum score varies from one nursing school to other.
If you cannot pass the exam, you will have to wait for six months to be eligible for taking the exam again. It should be noted that there are some nursing schools which may prohibit you from enrolling in their program if you fail in the first attempt.
How to Prepare for PAX – RN Exam?
- Revise all the questions of mathematics and sciences of high school to prepare for the PAX – RN exam.
- Buy useful and reliable books and resources. Read online resources which provide practice questions and features of the exams.
- You should design a study plan and follow a plan to clear the entrance test. Do not waste time on unrelated study material.
- You should do more and more practice questions of multiple choice questions and learn the material you studied in high school.
Online Nursing Education Programs for Nursing Occupation
If you aspire to be a nurse, you can join online nursing programs, online LPN programs or online RN programs which are designed to provide the necessary training and education to help you become a registered nurse. Once you become a registered nurse, you will find a wide range of opportunities in your nursing career.
Online education can be achieved through the Internet. There are many different types of training programs which are designed to help you become a specialist in various channels of nursing.
Many young aspirants and experienced nurses are interested to join these courses because:
- The salary of a trained experienced nurse is lucrative, allowing them to lead a more comfortable life.
- A boom is expected in the nursing career and medical industry in the coming decade and beyond.
- The online RN program helps to provide education in the same way as a traditional nursing school but the student can control the schedule and study the material according to their strengths.
- Online programs can be designed specifically for students who cannot enroll in a regular nursing program. The major benefit of the program is that you can keep your full-time job while pursuing an online nursing education.
Online RN Programs
In a nursing career, you may choose to be a specialist in a particular field or you may work in a hospital or private clinic under the supervision of a surgeon or physician. The online RN program is the Registered Nurse program and it allows you to be trained as a registered nurse via distance learning. Today, there are more than 3 million nurses in the US and the demand for nurses is set to increase in the coming decade.
- The job requires you to provide training to patients, educate patients, provide emotional and physical advice, and provide healthcare to the patients.
- The RN has to maintain the medical history record of a patient, help to carry out various diagnostic tests, and oversee the treatment process.
- There are many leading universities offering online nursing and healthcare degrees. These programs are designed to help young aspirants who are interested to pursue a nursing career as well as registered nurses who want to pursue an advanced degree in the field.
- The salary of a registered nurse varies from $30,000 per annum to $50,000 per annum. The salary also depends on work experience and training.
Online Nursing Programs
An online LPN program is the course which is also known as Licensed Vocational Nurse and Registered Practical Nurse.
- The LPN works under the supervision of a physician in hospitals and clinics. To enroll in the course, you have to be a graduate.
- There are different types of training programs to obtain the LPN, and the length of training varies from eighteen months to 2 years.
- Various subjects of health care and psychology are taught in the course.
- The annual salary of a LPN is around $50,000.
If you wish to pursue an online nursing course, you should do some research on the institution to ensure that you are selecting the right school. After you have completed the course, you can search for a job online. The healthcare industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the US. The right program can help you to become successful in your nursing career.
Follow these links to find out more about NLN PAX-RN Exam, RN, and LPN.
- Overview of PAX-RN Exam (PDF)
- National League of Nursing
- Information Sheet on PAX-RN Exam (PDF)
- Nursing Entrance Exam (PDF)
- Pre-NLN Exam
- NLN Exam FAQs
- Occupational Outlook for Registered Nurses
- RN Career Overview
- Licensed Vocational Nurses
- LVN Scope of Practice