The human body is a highly complicated machine. It’s more complicated than most engines because there are countless small parts that connect to each other and turn the body into quite an efficient machine. Each part of the human body plays a specific role and each role is extremely important to the health and well-being of a person. Here are links to sites that explain how the body functions.
- Histology: A database of information and images relating to histology.
- Histology Learning System: Provides information about histology, in categories.
- HistoWeb: Archive of information about glands and the nervous system.
- Histology Homepage: Database of information on histology subjects.
Blood & Blood Development
- Blood: Provides information on blood and how it’s produced.
- Red Blood Cell Development: Shows how red blood cells are produced.
- Circulatory System: A graphic that explains how the circulatory system works.
- Parts of the System: Outlines each part of the cardiovascular system.
Cartilage, Bone, & Bone Development
- All about Bones: Almost everything you ever wanted to know about bones.
- Cartilage: Discusses cartilage in great detail.
- Bone Development and Structure: Shows how bones develop in detail.
- Cell Structures and Functions: Explains about cell structures and functions.
- The Cell: Shows the structure of the average cell.
- Connective Tissue Images: A database of connective tissue images.
- Connective Tissue Study Guide: In-depth guide to connective tissues and their importance.
- Epithelium Images: An archive of images related to the epithelium.
- The Epithelium: In-depth description of the epithelium and its uses.
Female Reproductive System
- The Female Reproductive System: Outlines the different parts of the female reproductive system.
Integument & Breast
- Integument System: Discusses the integument system in great detail.
- Integument and Breast System: Discusses the system in depth with diagrams.
Liver, Gallbladder, & Pancreas
- The Human Liver: A look at the functions of the liver.
- Gallbladder: Explains how the gallbladder is actually laid out in terms of where tissue connects, etc.
- What is the Pancreas?: Article on the pancreas and its functions.
Lymphatic System I / Lymphatic System II
- Lymphatic System: Describes the lymphatic system’s role within the body.
- Lymph System: Article that discusses why the systems are so vital to the body’s continued health.
Male Reproductive System
- Reproductive System Illustrations: An archive of illustrations showing the male reproductive system.
- Interactive Model: An interactive model of the male reproductive system and its parts.
- Muscular System: Explains the muscular system.
- The Muscular System's Parts: Shows the functions of each muscle within the body.
- Breakdown of the Nervous System: Discusses how different parts of the nervous system work together within the body.
- Nervous System Basics: Many diagrams that show how the nervous system helps to control the body.
Oral Cavity & Esophagus
- The Esophagus: Discusses the importance of the esophagus within the digestive system.
- The Human Respiratory System: Diagrams and explanations that depict how air moves through the respiratory system.
- System Facts: Lists important facts about the respiratory system.
- The Special Senses: Defines the “special senses” and their uses.
- Special Senses: In-depth discussion of these senses.
Stomach & Intestines
- Stomach Description: Article that discusses the stomach’s functions.
- Intestines: Provides information on the intestines, their uses, and the diseases that affect them.