Schools with MSN Programs Accepting Students in Connecticutskip to accredited online programs in Connecticut
Accredited Campus Programs
Accredited Online Programsback to accredited campus programs
Other Schools with MSN Programs in Connecticut
Connecticut MSN Degree Prerequisites
Connecticut nurses who continue their education and gain a Masters in Nursing (MSN) Degree are licensed by the Connecticut Board of Nursing as either an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) or an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner(ARNP).
To enroll in a MSN degree program in Connecticut, you must first become licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN). The most common Nursing Masters Degree curriculum in Connecticut and across the US is the RN-MSN program. See our directory of Connecticut RN to MSN programs
Those holding Connecticut RN certification have most likely already earned their Bachelors in Science of Nursing (BSN) degree. This is typically a four year training program at a nationally accredited school of nursing.
Contact your school of choice to learn more about their specific MSN program prerequisites.
Connecticut MSN Degree Areas of Specialization
In Connecticut, there are typically four specific areas that MSN degree seeking students may choose to specialize in. These include:
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM)
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)
- Certified Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
Check with the Connecticut Board of Nursing to learn about the about the legal authority the state of Connecticut grants Advanced Practice Nurses(APNs) and Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioners(ARNPs)in each particular area of specialization.
Online MSN Degree Programs
In Connecticut, online nursing degree programs are increasingly popular. This is mainly due to the convenience of nursing distance learning programs. As long as the online MSN program is nationally accredited, earning your MSN degree online is accepted and honored by the state of Connecticut.
Connecticut MSN Degree Resources
Here are a few examples of MSN degree programs in Connecticut.
- Yale Uiversity - School of Nursing
- Western Connecticut State University
- Southern Connecticut State University - MSN Program
- Sacred Heart University
- Quinnipiac University - Graduate Nursing Program
- Fairfield University - MSN Program - Nurse Anesthesia Track
- Fairfield University - MSN Program - Clinical Nurse Leader Track
- Fairfield University - MSN Program - Healthcare Management Track
- Connecticut Accelerated MSN Programs