CNA Classes in San Marcos, Texas
San Marcos CNA Training - Texas
You can receive your CNA certification in as little as 3 to 8 weeks.
Admissions Advisor Tip: Don't limit your options. Contact multiple schools to to compare their different offers, like financial aid packages.
How to Become a CNA in San Marcos, Texas
Nursing Aides are in high demand throughout Texas. Upon receiving certification, many new graduates find employment very quickly. In Texas, medical field job security is higher than most careers. You can earn your CNA license after completing a very short training program. CNA course requirements vary by state according to state regulations. However, many CNA programs can be completed in 8 to 12 weeks. Plus, CNA courses are considerably cheaper than attending LPN school and are an excellent way to get started in a healthcare career.
PCT · CNA · CMA – What’s the Difference?
This depends on where you live. Some PCT courses include EKG and phlebotomy training. Some Patient Care Technician programs also include HHA (Home Health Aid) certification. However, in some work environments the titles CNA and PCT are used interchangably. Some hospitals in Texas may be hiring Nurse Care Techs (NCT), a position which you can apply for with your CNA license.
CMA can stand for Certified Medication Aide or Certified Medical Assistant, both which perform separate but overlapping duties in the workplace.
How Much Does CNA Training Cost in San Marcos?
Nursing assistant courses at vocational colleges and allied health schools usually range between $400 and $1200. When choosing a CNA school, learn about all the associated costs required at each institution. Some schools list their program cost as all expenses included. However other schools may also require you to purchase additional materials (such as books, scrubs and materials for your clinicals) which have separate fees from the tuition costs.
CNA Refresher Courses around San Marcos usually cost around $100-$200.
Need Tuition Assistance?
While not all schools offer financial aid for students enrolled in their CNA course, some training programs may offer assistance to help with the cost of the course or certification. Also, some CNA employers will even pay for your Nurse Assistant training or reimburse you after you successfully complete your CNA training.
Some employers in San Marcos will cover a percentage of your CNA tuition; others will pay tuition costs up to a specific dollar amount. Often, new CNAs are required to work a particular number of months at the employer that covered their school bills. Or you may just need to reimburse them for any of the tuition costs they paid on your behalf.
When Can I Start CNA Training in San Marcos?
Many schools that offer CNA training have new sessions beginning every 6 to 8 weeks. In many areas in Texas, you can find CNA training starting in March 2023, April 2023, May 2023, or June 2023 available for registration now. Unlike nursing programs in Texas, you can usually find a school starting a new session of their CNA course fairly quickly. However, some schools offer CNA classes in semester format. At these schools, you may need to wait up 3 or 4 months to start your course.
Becoming a Nurse Aide in San Marcos is a great way to quickly gain experience in the medical field. Also check out Texas CNA Salary info.
CNA Schools Near You & Online Near San Marcos, Texas
Eden Hill Communities
- 631 Lakeview Blvd New Braunfels, TX 78130
Kirkwood Manor Nursing Center
- 2590 Loop 337 N. New Braunfels, TX 78130
New Braunfels ISD Nurse Aide Training
- 2551 N. Loop 337 New Braunfels, TX 78130
Round Rock ISD – Stony Point High School
- 1801 Tiger Trail Round Rock, TX 78644
Seguin High School
Nesbit Living & Recovery Center
Hacienda Oaks Nursing and Rehab
Luling Care Center
Akins High School
Smithson Valley High School
- 14001 Hwy 46 West Spring Branch, TX 78070
Del Valle High School
Austin Community College
Eastside Memorial High School
Rosy Health Care Services Inc
Judson High School (HOSA)/Autumn Winds Retirement
Westminster Health Care Center
James Madison High School
- 5005 Stahl Rd San Antonio, TX 78247
Austin Community College- Eastview Campus
National Career Center
- 8306 Dixon Ridge Dr. San Antonio, TX 78239
- 12403 Nacogdoches Rd. Suite 96 San Antonio, TX 78217
Texas Covenant Education
The Learning Pad
Buckner Education Center
Central Texas Nurse Network, Inc
Express Training Services, LLC
Victoria College – Gonzales High School
LBJ Medical Center
- 206 Haley Road Johnson City, TX 78636
- 7142 San Pedro, Suite 100 San Antonio, TX 78216
Programs: CNA, Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy
Good Careers Academy – Commerce
- 13311 Bitters at Highway 281 San Antonio, TX 78216
Mc Neil High School
Lone Star Academy of Allied Health
East Central High School
- 7173 FM 1628 San Antonio, TX 78263
Good Careers Academy
- 12332 DeZavala IH 10 West San Antonio, TX 78213
Robert E Lee High School
- 1400 Jackson Keller San Antonio, TX 78213
Texas Opportunities Industrialization Center, Inc
- 1122 S. WW White Road San Antonio, TX 78220
Express Training Services, LLC
- 8318 IH 10 W San Antonio, TX 78230
Buena Vida Nursing and Rehab – San Antonio
- 5027 Pecan Grove San Antonio, TX 78222
Cedar Park High School
- 2150 Cypress Creek Road Cedar Park, TX 78613
San Antonio College
- 1300 San Pedro Avenue San Antonio, TX 78212
Programs: ADN, CNA, Medical Assistant, RN
Health Professions High School at Edison
- 701 Santa Monica San Antonio, TX 78212
DeRamos Medical Training Center
- 114 Blue Flax Ln. Pflugerville, TX 78660
Exodus Nurse Aide Academy
- 15803 Windermere Dr. Suite 420-A Pflugerville, TX 78660
Stockdale Nursing Center
St. Philips College
- 1801 Martin Luther King Drive San Antonio, TX 78203
Programs: ADN, CNA, LVN, Pre-Nursing Studies, Radiography, RN, Sonography
Career Point College
- 485 Spencer Lane San Antonio, TX 78201
Programs: CNA, Phlebotomy
University of the Incarnate Word
- 3534 Fredericksburg Rd, Ste 23 San Antonio, TX 78201
Programs: Clinical Nurse Leader, CNA
Texas Covenant Education
- 1822 Fredericksburg Rd San Antonio, TX 78201
Savant Achievement Center
- 538 Roosevelt Ave San Antonio, TX 78210
Regent Care Oakwell Farms
- 3935 Medical Dr San Antonio, TX 78229
Northside ISD – Health Careers High School
- 4646 Hamilton Wolfe San Antonio, TX 78229