CNA Classes in Austin, Texas
Austin CNA Training - Texas
You can receive your CNA certification in as little as 3 to 8 weeks.
Admissions Advisor Tip: Don't limit your options. Contact multiple schools to to compare their different offers, like financial aid packages.
How to Become a CNA in Austin, Texas
Nursing Aides are in high demand throughout Texas. Upon receiving certification, many new graduates find employment very quickly. In Texas, medical field job security is higher than most careers. You can earn your CNA license after completing a very short training program. CNA course requirements vary by state according to state regulations. However, many CNA programs can be completed in 8 to 12 weeks. Plus, CNA courses are considerably cheaper than attending LPN school and are an excellent way to get started in a healthcare career.
PCT · CNA · CMA – What’s the Difference?
This depends on where you live. Some PCT courses include EKG and phlebotomy training. Some Patient Care Technician programs also include HHA (Home Health Aid) certification. However, in some work environments the titles CNA and PCT are used interchangably. Some hospitals in Texas may be hiring Nurse Care Techs (NCT), a position which you can apply for with your CNA license.
CMA can stand for Certified Medication Aide or Certified Medical Assistant, both which perform separate but overlapping duties in the workplace.
How Much Does CNA Training Cost in Austin?
Nursing assistant courses at vocational colleges and allied health schools usually range between $400 and $1200. When choosing a CNA school, learn about all the associated costs required at each institution. Some schools list their program cost as all expenses included. However other schools may also require you to purchase additional materials (such as books, scrubs and materials for your clinicals) which have separate fees from the tuition costs.
CNA Refresher Courses around Austin usually cost around $100-$200.
Need Tuition Assistance?
While not all schools offer financial aid for students enrolled in their CNA course, some training programs may offer assistance to help with the cost of the course or certification. Also, some CNA employers will even pay for your Nurse Assistant training or reimburse you after you successfully complete your CNA training.
Some employers in Austin will cover a percentage of your CNA tuition; others will pay tuition costs up to a specific dollar amount. Often, new CNAs are required to work a particular number of months at the employer that covered their school bills. Or you may just need to reimburse them for any of the tuition costs they paid on your behalf.
When Can I Start CNA Training in Austin?
Many schools that offer CNA training have new sessions beginning every 6 to 8 weeks. In many areas in Texas, you can find CNA training starting in March 2023, April 2023, May 2023, or June 2023 available for registration now. Unlike nursing programs in Texas, you can usually find a school starting a new session of their CNA course fairly quickly. However, some schools offer CNA classes in semester format. At these schools, you may need to wait up 3 or 4 months to start your course.
Becoming a Nurse Aide in Austin is a great way to quickly gain experience in the medical field. Also check out Texas CNA Salary info.
CNA Schools Near You & Online Near Austin, Texas
Westminster Health Care Center
- 4100 Jackson Ave Austin, TX 78731
Austin Community College- Eastview Campus
- 5930 Middle Fiskville Rd Austin, TX 78752
Rosy Health Care Services Inc
- 3724 Airport Blvd Austin, TX 78722
Austin Community College
- 3401 Webberville Road Austin, TX 78702
Programs: ADN, CNA, EMT Paramedic, LVN, Radiography, RN
Express Training Services, LLC
- 12636 Research Blvd Austin, TX 78759
The Learning Pad
- 10435 Burnet Road Austin, TX 78758
Eastside Memorial High School
- 1012 Arthur Stiles Rd Austin, TX 78721
Buckner Education Center
- 11110 Tom Adams Drive Austin, TX 78753
Central Texas Nurse Network, Inc
- 313 E. Rundberg Ln, Ste. 208 Austin, TX 78753
Texas Covenant Education
- 7901 Cameron Rd. Bldg. 2 Ste. 100 Austin, TX 78754
Mc Neil High School
- 5720 Mc Neil Drive Austin, TX 78729
Akins High School
- 10701 South First Austin, TX 78748
DeRamos Medical Training Center
- 114 Blue Flax Ln. Pflugerville, TX 78660
Exodus Nurse Aide Academy
- 15803 Windermere Dr. Suite 420-A Pflugerville, TX 78660
Cedar Park High School
- 2150 Cypress Creek Road Cedar Park, TX 78613
Del Valle High School
Healthcare Career Center
- 1200 East Palm Valley Suite 1212 Round Rock, TX 78664
The Georgetown High School Nurse Aide Training Pro
- 2211 North Austin Avenue Georgetown, TX 78626
Lone Star Academy of Allied Health
Round Rock ISD – Stony Point High School
- 1801 Tiger Trail Round Rock, TX 78644
Health Training Services, LLC
- 102 Wonder World Drive #304, PMB 132 San Marcos, TX 78666
San Marcos High School
- 2601 Rattler Rd San Marcos, TX 78666
Express Training Services, LLC
- 104 IH 35 N San Marcos, TX 78666
Gary Job Corps Community
- 2800 Airport Blvd., Hwy. 21 San Marcos, TX 78666
Hays Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- 1900 Medical Pkwy San Marcos, TX 78666
Health Training Services, LLC
- 3700 State HWY 123, Ste 3 San Marcos, TX 78666
Bertram Nursing Home
Marble Falls Independent School District
- 2101 Mustang Dr Marble Falls, TX 78654
Texas Academy of Career Training (TexACT)
- 706 4th Street Marble Falls, TX 78654
LBJ Medical Center
- 206 Haley Road Johnson City, TX 78636
Burnet High School
Luling Care Center
Kingsland Hills Care Center
Kirkwood Manor Nursing Center
- 2590 Loop 337 N. New Braunfels, TX 78130
Eden Hill Communities
- 631 Lakeview Blvd New Braunfels, TX 78130
New Braunfels ISD Nurse Aide Training
- 2551 N. Loop 337 New Braunfels, TX 78130
Smithson Valley High School
- 14001 Hwy 46 West Spring Branch, TX 78070
Hearthstone Health Center
- 401 Oakwood Blvd Round Rock, TX 78671
Central Texas College
Seguin High School
Hacienda Oaks Nursing and Rehab
Nesbit Living & Recovery Center
Park Place Manor
CB Nurse Aide Training
Health Science Technology – CATE
Graham’s Nurse Aide Training Center
Barbara Bee’s School of Nurse Aide Training
Copperas Cove High School
- 400 South 25th Street Copperas Cove, TX 76522