CNA Classes in Miami, Florida
Miami CNA Training - Florida
You can receive your CNA certification in as little as 3 to 8 weeks.
Admissions Advisor Tip: Don't limit your options. Contact multiple schools to to compare their different offers, like financial aid packages.
How to Become a CNA in Miami, Florida
Nursing Aides are in high demand throughout Florida. Upon receiving certification, many new graduates find employment very quickly. In Florida, medical field job security is higher than most careers. You can earn your CNA license after completing a very short training program. CNA course requirements vary by state according to state regulations. However, many CNA programs can be completed in 8 to 12 weeks. Plus, CNA courses are considerably cheaper than attending LPN school and are an excellent way to get started in a healthcare career.
PCT · CNA · CMA – What’s the Difference?
This depends on where you live. Some PCT courses include EKG and phlebotomy training. Some Patient Care Technician programs also include HHA (Home Health Aid) certification. However, in some work environments the titles CNA and PCT are used interchangably. Some hospitals in Florida may be hiring Nurse Care Techs (NCT), a position which you can apply for with your CNA license.
CMA can stand for Certified Medication Aide or Certified Medical Assistant, both which perform separate but overlapping duties in the workplace.
How Much Does CNA Training Cost in Miami?
Nursing assistant courses at vocational colleges and allied health schools usually range between $400 and $1200. When choosing a CNA school, learn about all the associated costs required at each institution. Some schools list their program cost as all expenses included. However other schools may also require you to purchase additional materials (such as books, scrubs and materials for your clinicals) which have separate fees from the tuition costs.
CNA Refresher Courses around Miami usually cost around $100-$200.
Need Tuition Assistance?
While not all schools offer financial aid for students enrolled in their CNA course, some training programs may offer assistance to help with the cost of the course or certification. Also, some CNA employers will even pay for your Nurse Assistant training or reimburse you after you successfully complete your CNA training.
Some employers in Miami will cover a percentage of your CNA tuition; others will pay tuition costs up to a specific dollar amount. Often, new CNAs are required to work a particular number of months at the employer that covered their school bills. Or you may just need to reimburse them for any of the tuition costs they paid on your behalf.
When Can I Start CNA Training in Miami?
Many schools that offer CNA training have new sessions beginning every 6 to 8 weeks. In many areas in Florida, you can find CNA training starting in March 2023, April 2023, May 2023, or June 2023 available for registration now. Unlike nursing programs in Florida, you can usually find a school starting a new session of their CNA course fairly quickly. However, some schools offer CNA classes in semester format. At these schools, you may need to wait up 3 or 4 months to start your course.
Becoming a Nurse Aide in Miami is a great way to quickly gain experience in the medical field. Also check out Florida CNA Salary info.
CNA Schools Near You & Online Near Miami, Florida
Booker T. Washington Senior High
- 1200 NW 6th Avenue Miami, FL 33136
Miami-Dade County Public Schools
- 1450 NE 2nd Ave Miami, FL 33132
North Miami Adult Center
- 1001 NW 17th Court Miami, FL 33125
Lindsey Hopkins Technical Center
- 750 Northwest 20th Street Miami, FL 33127
Programs: CNA, LPN
Miami Edison High School
- 6101 Northwest 2nd Avenue Miami, FL 33127
Programs: CNA, LPN
- 950 N.W. 20th Street Miami, FL 33127
Programs: CNA, EMT Paramedic, Health Information Management-Associate, Nuclear Medicine Tech, Physician Assistant, Radiation Therapy, Radiography
Vocational Institute of Florida
- 1849 West Flagler Street Miami, FL 33135
D.A. Dorsey Education Center
- 7100 NW 71st Street Miami, FL 33142
Miami Jackson Adult Education
- 1751 NW 36th Street Miami, FL 33142
- 3501 SW 28 Street Miami, FL 33133
Miami Northwestern Adult Center
- 1100 NW 71st Street Miami, FL 33150
Miami Central Senior High School
- 1781 NW 95th Street Miami, FL 33147
Cope Center North
- 9950 NW 19th Avenue Miami, FL 33147
Active Health Review Training
- 6520 West Flagler Street Miami, FL 33144
Florida Education Institute
- 5818 SW 8th Street Miami, FL 33144
Yechanlaz Instituto Vocacional, Inc.
- 6617 SW 8th St Miami, FL 33144
International Training Careers
- 7360 SW 24th Street #31 Miami, FL 33155
Florida Vocational Institute
- 6840 SW 40th Street, Suite 211A Miami, FL 33155
Hialeah Adult Education Center
Institute For Nursing Assistants
- 6801 NW 77 Ave. #110 Miami, FL 33166
Florida Medical Training Institute
- 7902 NW 36th Street Miami, FL 33166
- 1100 NE 125 St., Suite #204 North Miami, FL 33161
International Academy Training Center
- 1175 NE 125th Street, Suite 612 North Miami, FL 33161
Health Education Training School
- 812 NE 125 Street Miami, FL 33161
Health Tech Learning Center
- 915 NE Street, Suite 200 Miami, FL 33161
Vintex Training Institute, Inc.- Miami
- 822 NE 125 St. Suite 102 Miami, FL 33161
Center For Professional Training And Development
- 12601 Northeast 7th Avenue North Miami, FL 33161
Westland Hialeah Senior High School
Advance Science Institute
Compu-Med Vocational Careers, Corp
Total International Career Institute
More Tech Business
Interamerican Technical Institute
- 9600 SW 8th Street, Suite 42 Miami, FL 33174
Compu-Med Vocational Careers, Corp.
- 9738 SW 24th Street Miami, FL 33165
Sunshine Training Center
- 177 NE 166 St Miami, FL 33162
North Miami Beach Senior High School
- 1247 NE 167th Street North Miami Beach, FL 33162
Miami Lakes Technical Center
- 5780 NW 158th Street Miami Lakes, FL 33014
Programs: CNA, LPN
Miami Lakes Senior High- Hialeah
Health Opportunity Technical Center
- 18441 NW 2nd Ave Ste 300 Miami, FL 33169
Programs: CNA, LPN
FMI Career School
- 18301 NW 2nd Court Miami, FL 33169
5 Star Training Center, Inc.
- 39 NW 166 St. Suite 4 North Miami Beach, FL 33169
- 871 NW 167th Street Miami, FL 33169
Life Line Med Training
- 10300 SW 72nd Street Suite 380 Miami, FL 33173
Miami Carol City Sr. High School
- 3301 Miami Gardens Drive Miami Gardens, FL 33056
Dorothy M. Wallace Cope Center
- 10225 SW 147 Terrace Miami, FL 33176
American Adult Community Education
- 18350 NW 67th Avenue Miami, FL 33015
Genesis Vocational Institute
- 12859 SS 42nd Street Miami, FL 33175
Miami Sunset Adult Education
- 13125 SW 72nd Street Miami, FL 33183
Trinity Vocational School
Coral Reef Senior High School
- 10101 SW 152nd Street Miami, FL 33157