CNA Classes in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Fort Lauderdale CNA Training - Florida
You can receive your CNA certification in as little as 3 to 8 weeks.
Admissions Advisor Tip: Don't limit your options. Contact multiple schools to to compare their different offers, like financial aid packages.
How to Become a CNA in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Nursing Aides are in high demand throughout Florida. Upon receiving certification, many new graduates find employment very quickly. In Florida, medical field job security is higher than most careers. You can earn your CNA license after completing a very short training program. CNA course requirements vary by state according to state regulations. However, many CNA programs can be completed in 8 to 12 weeks. Plus, CNA courses are considerably cheaper than attending LPN school and are an excellent way to get started in a healthcare career.
PCT · CNA · CMA – What’s the Difference?
This depends on where you live. Some PCT courses include EKG and phlebotomy training. Some Patient Care Technician programs also include HHA (Home Health Aid) certification. However, in some work environments the titles CNA and PCT are used interchangably. Some hospitals in Florida may be hiring Nurse Care Techs (NCT), a position which you can apply for with your CNA license.
CMA can stand for Certified Medication Aide or Certified Medical Assistant, both which perform separate but overlapping duties in the workplace.
How Much Does CNA Training Cost in Fort Lauderdale?
Nursing assistant courses at vocational colleges and allied health schools usually range between $400 and $1200. When choosing a CNA school, learn about all the associated costs required at each institution. Some schools list their program cost as all expenses included. However other schools may also require you to purchase additional materials (such as books, scrubs and materials for your clinicals) which have separate fees from the tuition costs.
CNA Refresher Courses around Fort Lauderdale usually cost around $100-$200.
Need Tuition Assistance?
While not all schools offer financial aid for students enrolled in their CNA course, some training programs may offer assistance to help with the cost of the course or certification. Also, some CNA employers will even pay for your Nurse Assistant training or reimburse you after you successfully complete your CNA training.
Some employers in Fort Lauderdale will cover a percentage of your CNA tuition; others will pay tuition costs up to a specific dollar amount. Often, new CNAs are required to work a particular number of months at the employer that covered their school bills. Or you may just need to reimburse them for any of the tuition costs they paid on your behalf.
When Can I Start CNA Training in Fort Lauderdale?
Many schools that offer CNA training have new sessions beginning every 6 to 8 weeks. In many areas in Florida, you can find CNA training starting in March 2023, April 2023, May 2023, or June 2023 available for registration now. Unlike nursing programs in Florida, you can usually find a school starting a new session of their CNA course fairly quickly. However, some schools offer CNA classes in semester format. At these schools, you may need to wait up 3 or 4 months to start your course.
Becoming a Nurse Aide in Fort Lauderdale is a great way to quickly gain experience in the medical field. Also check out Florida CNA Salary info.
CNA Schools Near You & Online Near Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Coral Ridge Training School
- 2121 W. Oakland Park Blvd. Suite 8 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33311
Caregivers of Broward Training Institute
- 2700 West Oakland Park Blvd. #24 Oakland Park, FL 33311
Stranahan High School
- 1800 SW 5th Place Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33312
Hallandale High School
- 720 NW 9th Avenue Hallandale, FL 33309
Boyd Anderson High School
- 3050 NW 41St Street Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33309
Safety Keeper Career Training Institute
- 4121 NW 5th Street Suite # 216-A Plantation, FL 33317
McFatter Technical Center
William H. Turner Technical Arts High School
Faith Christian Fellowship Training Institute
- 4351 W. Oakland Park Blvd Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33313
Plantation High School
- 6901 NW 16th Street Plantation, FL 33313
Noel Academic For Health Career
- 6250 W. Oakland Park Blvd.; Suite 6 City Of Sunrise, FL 33313
A.N.I. Vocational Health Institute
Center For Career Training
- 3286 North State Road #7 Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33319
Florida Nursing Assistance Academy
- 5460 North State Road 7, Suite 101 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33319
Marlene’s Training Center
- 5460 N. State Rd 7, Suite 113-114 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33319
Mary Seacole Vocational
- 4385 Rocke Island Road Lauder Hill, FL 33319
Sheridan Technical Center
Hollywood Hills High School
Progressive Training Center
- 98 E. Mcnab Rd. Suite 98 Pompano Beach, FL 33060
Blanche Ely High School
- 1201 NW 6th Avenue Suite 200 Pompano Beach, FL 33060
James International Academy of Health
- 195 NE 1St Ave Pompano Beach, FL 33060
Carleen Home Health School
- 1868 N. University Drive, Suite 205 Plantation, FL 33322
Pines Vocational Training Institute, Inc
Coconut Creek High School
- 1400 NW 44th Avenue Coconut Creek, FL 33066
West Broward School For Nursing
- 4444 North University Drive Lauderhill, FL 33351
Ankod Technical Institute
- 4960 North Pine Island Road Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33351
Piper High School
O’Reggio Technical Career Institute, Inc
Atlantic Technical Center
- 4700 Coconut Creek Parkway Coconut Creek, FL 33063
Programs: CNA, LPN
Sunshine Career Institute
Trinity Vocational School
Advanced Health Care Institute
- 750 E. Sample Road, Bldg 3, Ste 1 Pompano Beach, FL 33064
- 3501 NE 3rd Avenue Pompano Beach, FL 33064
Miramar High School
Deerfield Beach High School
- 910 SW 15th Street Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
FMI Career School
Health Opportunity Technical Center
5 Star Training Center, Inc.
- 39 NW 166 St. Suite 4 North Miami Beach, FL 33169
North Miami Beach Senior High School
- 1247 NE 167th Street North Miami Beach, FL 33162
Sunshine Training Center
Florida Medical Training Institute
- 7451 Wiles Road, Suite 105 Coral Springs, FL 33067
Miami Carol City Sr. High School
- 3301 Miami Gardens Drive Miami Gardens, FL 33056
International Institute For Health Care
- 600 South Dixie Highway, Suite 211 Boca Raton, FL 33432
Health Tech Learning Center
International Academy Training Center
- 1175 NE 125th Street, Suite 612 North Miami, FL 33161
Center For Professional Training And Development
- 12601 Northeast 7th Avenue North Miami, FL 33161
Health Education Training School
- 1100 NE 125 St., Suite #204 North Miami, FL 33161