CNA Classes in Oxon Hill, Maryland
Oxon Hill CNA Training - Maryland
You can receive your CNA certification in as little as 3 to 8 weeks.
Admissions Advisor Tip: Don't limit your options. Contact multiple schools to to compare their different offers, like financial aid packages.
How to Become a CNA in Oxon Hill, Maryland
Nursing Aides are in high demand throughout Maryland. Upon receiving certification, many new graduates find employment very quickly. In Maryland, medical field job security is higher than most careers. You can earn your CNA license after completing a very short training program. CNA course requirements vary by state according to state regulations. However, many CNA programs can be completed in 8 to 12 weeks. Plus, CNA courses are considerably cheaper than attending LPN school and are an excellent way to get started in a healthcare career.
PCT · CNA · CMA – What’s the Difference?
This depends on where you live. Some PCT courses include EKG and phlebotomy training. Some Patient Care Technician programs also include HHA (Home Health Aid) certification. However, in some work environments the titles CNA and PCT are used interchangably. Some hospitals in Maryland may be hiring Nurse Care Techs (NCT), a position which you can apply for with your CNA license.
CMA can stand for Certified Medication Aide or Certified Medical Assistant, both which perform separate but overlapping duties in the workplace.
How Much Does CNA Training Cost in Oxon Hill?
Nursing assistant courses at vocational colleges and allied health schools usually range between $400 and $1200. When choosing a CNA school, learn about all the associated costs required at each institution. Some schools list their program cost as all expenses included. However other schools may also require you to purchase additional materials (such as books, scrubs and materials for your clinicals) which have separate fees from the tuition costs.
CNA Refresher Courses around Oxon Hill usually cost around $100-$200.
Need Tuition Assistance?
While not all schools offer financial aid for students enrolled in their CNA course, some training programs may offer assistance to help with the cost of the course or certification. Also, some CNA employers will even pay for your Nurse Assistant training or reimburse you after you successfully complete your CNA training.
Some employers in Oxon Hill will cover a percentage of your CNA tuition; others will pay tuition costs up to a specific dollar amount. Often, new CNAs are required to work a particular number of months at the employer that covered their school bills. Or you may just need to reimburse them for any of the tuition costs they paid on your behalf.
When Can I Start CNA Training in Oxon Hill?
Many schools that offer CNA training have new sessions beginning every 6 to 8 weeks. In many areas in Maryland, you can find CNA training starting in April 2023, May 2023, June 2023, or July 2023 available for registration now. Unlike nursing programs in Maryland, you can usually find a school starting a new session of their CNA course fairly quickly. However, some schools offer CNA classes in semester format. At these schools, you may need to wait up 3 or 4 months to start your course.
Becoming a Nurse Aide in Oxon Hill is a great way to quickly gain experience in the medical field. Also check out Maryland CNA Salary info.
CNA Schools Near You & Online Near Oxon Hill, Maryland
Crossland High School
- 6901 Temple Hills Road Temple Hills, MD 20748
Suitland High School
- 5200 Silver Hill Road Forestville, MD 20747
TLC Nurse Aide Program
Dimensions Healthcare System
Bladensburg High School
- 4200 57th Avenue Bladensburg, MD 20710
Cambridge Nursing Assistant Training Academy
- 3311 Toledo Terrace Unit C-202 Hyattsville, MD 20782
St. Thomas More Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- 4922 LaSalle Road Hyattsville, MD 20782
Bethel Healthcare Institute
- 5617 Ager Road Hyattsville, MD 20782
Goldenstar Education Center
Nursing Assistant Academy
- 5811 Baltimore Avenue, Suite 101 Riverdale Park, MD 20737
Genesis Eldercare-Crescent City
Prince George’s Community College
- 7600 Takoma Avenue Takoma Park, MD 20912
Programs: ADN, CNA, Health Information Management-Associate, Radiography, RN
North Point High School for Science, Technology and Industry
Quality First Career Center, Inc
- 6475 New Hampshire Avenue, Hyattsville, MD 20783
Fomen Nursing Assistant Training Academy
- 7411 Riggs Road, Suite 210 Hyattsville, MD 20783
Nurse One, Inc.
Dominion Academy, Inc.
- 9101 Second Avenue Silver Spring, MD 20910
Montgomery County Northwood
- 919 University Blvd West Silver Spring, MD 20901
Knowledge First Institute
- 11510 Georgia Avenue, #180 Silver Spring, MD 20902
John F. Kennedy High School
- 1901 Randolph Road Silver Spring, MD 20902
Kahak Health Care Academy
- 11141 Georgia Avenue Silver Spring, MD 20902
MISS Health Care Training Institute
- 5000 Sunnyside Avenue Beltsville, MD 20705
Care ‘Xpert Academy
- 13321 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20904
Thomas Edison High School of Technology
- 12501 Dalewood Dr Silver Spring, MD 20906
- 3227 Bel Pre Road Silver Spring, MD 20906
Genesis Eldercare-La Plata
Sagepoint Senior Living Services
College of Southern Maryland
Paint Branch High School
- 14121 Old Columbia Pike Burtonsville, MD 20866
Laurel College Center
Laurel High School
Crofton Convalescent & Rehab Center
Sherwood High School
- 300 Olney-Sandy Spring Road Sandy Spring, MD 20860
Morning Star Academy
- 101 Lakeforest Boulevard, Suite 402 Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Charlotte Hall Veterans Home
- 29449 Charlotte Hall Road Charlotte Hall, MD 20622
Center of Applied Technology
Watkins Mill High School
- 10301 Apple Ridge Road Gaithersburg, MD 20879
Center of Applied Technology
Howard Community College
Calvert Career Center
- 330 Dorsey Road Prince Frederick, MD 20678
Calvert County Nursing Center
- 85 Hospital Road Prince Frederick, MD 20678
Genesis Eldercare-Spa Creek
It Works Learning Center, Inc.
Annapolis Area Christian Schools
Anne Arundel Medical Center
- 24 Truckhouse Road Severna Park, MD 21146
Anne Arundel Community College
Baltimore Washington Medical Center
- 301 Hospital Drive Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Anne Arundel County Dept of Health School Health Services
- 407 S. Crain Highway Glen Burnie, MD 21061