CNA Classes in Chewsville, Maryland
Chewsville CNA Training - Maryland
You can receive your CNA certification in as little as 3 to 8 weeks.
Admissions Advisor Tip: Don't limit your options. Contact multiple schools to to compare their different offers, like financial aid packages.
How to Become a CNA in Chewsville, Maryland
Nursing Aides are in high demand throughout Maryland. Upon receiving certification, many new graduates find employment very quickly. In Maryland, medical field job security is higher than most careers. You can earn your CNA license after completing a very short training program. CNA course requirements vary by state according to state regulations. However, many CNA programs can be completed in 8 to 12 weeks. Plus, CNA courses are considerably cheaper than attending LPN school and are an excellent way to get started in a healthcare career.
PCT · CNA · CMA – What’s the Difference?
This depends on where you live. Some PCT courses include EKG and phlebotomy training. Some Patient Care Technician programs also include HHA (Home Health Aid) certification. However, in some work environments the titles CNA and PCT are used interchangably. Some hospitals in Maryland may be hiring Nurse Care Techs (NCT), a position which you can apply for with your CNA license.
CMA can stand for Certified Medication Aide or Certified Medical Assistant, both which perform separate but overlapping duties in the workplace.
How Much Does CNA Training Cost in Chewsville?
Nursing assistant courses at vocational colleges and allied health schools usually range between $400 and $1200. When choosing a CNA school, learn about all the associated costs required at each institution. Some schools list their program cost as all expenses included. However other schools may also require you to purchase additional materials (such as books, scrubs and materials for your clinicals) which have separate fees from the tuition costs.
CNA Refresher Courses around Chewsville usually cost around $100-$200.
Need Tuition Assistance?
While not all schools offer financial aid for students enrolled in their CNA course, some training programs may offer assistance to help with the cost of the course or certification. Also, some CNA employers will even pay for your Nurse Assistant training or reimburse you after you successfully complete your CNA training.
Some employers in Chewsville will cover a percentage of your CNA tuition; others will pay tuition costs up to a specific dollar amount. Often, new CNAs are required to work a particular number of months at the employer that covered their school bills. Or you may just need to reimburse them for any of the tuition costs they paid on your behalf.
When Can I Start CNA Training in Chewsville?
Many schools that offer CNA training have new sessions beginning every 6 to 8 weeks. In many areas in Maryland, you can find CNA training starting in April 2023, May 2023, June 2023, or July 2023 available for registration now. Unlike nursing programs in Maryland, you can usually find a school starting a new session of their CNA course fairly quickly. However, some schools offer CNA classes in semester format. At these schools, you may need to wait up 3 or 4 months to start your course.
Becoming a Nurse Aide in Chewsville is a great way to quickly gain experience in the medical field. Also check out Maryland CNA Salary info.
CNA Schools Near You & Online Near Chewsville, Maryland
Western Maryland Hospital Center
- 1500 Pennsylvania Avenue Hagerstown, MD 21742
Hagerstown Community College
- 11400 Robinwood Drive Hagerstown, MD 21742
Programs: ADN, CNA, LPN, Radiography, RN
Washington County Technical High School
- 50 West Oak Ridge Drive Hagerstown, MD 21740
ARC of Washington County
- 820 Florida Avenue Hagerstown, MD 21740
- 1370 Marshall Street Hagerstown, MD 21740
Fahrney Keedy Home & Village
Frederick Community College
Frederick County Health Department
Homewood at Crumland Farms
Seton Nursing Center St. Catherine/St.Vincent Care Center
- 335 S. Seton Avenue Emmitsburg, MD 21727
Genesis Eldercare-College View
Carroll Lutheran Village
- 300 St. Luke Circle Westminster, MD 21157
Carroll Community College
- 1601 Washington Road Westminster, MD 21157
Programs: ADN, CNA, LPN, RN
Watkins Mill High School
- 10301 Apple Ridge Road Gaithersburg, MD 20879
Long View Nursing Home
- 3322 Main Street Manchester, MD 21102
Morning Star Academy
- 101 Lakeforest Boulevard, Suite 402 Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Sherwood High School
- 300 Olney-Sandy Spring Road Sandy Spring, MD 20860
- 9109 Liberty Road Randallstown, MD 21133
Thomas Edison High School of Technology
- 12501 Dalewood Dr Silver Spring, MD 20906
- 3227 Bel Pre Road Silver Spring, MD 20906
Howard Community College
Milford Mill Academy
John F. Kennedy High School
- 1901 Randolph Road Silver Spring, MD 20902
Knowledge First Institute
- 11510 Georgia Avenue, #180 Silver Spring, MD 20902
Kahak Health Care Academy
- 11141 Georgia Avenue Silver Spring, MD 20902
Care ‘Xpert Academy
- 13321 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20904
Paint Branch High School
- 14121 Old Columbia Pike Burtonsville, MD 20866
Gandhi’s Institute of Health Foundation
Spring Grove Hospital Center
- Wade Avenue Catonsville, MD 21228
Montgomery County Northwood
- 919 University Blvd West Silver Spring, MD 20901
- 9101 Second Avenue Silver Spring, MD 20910
Maryland Center for Arts & Technology
St. Ambrose Outreach Center
Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center
American Red Cross
Laurel College Center
Laurel High School
Thomas B. Finan Center
- 10102 Country Club Road, SE Cumberland, MD 21501
Joseph D. Brandenberg Center
- PO Box 1722 Cumberland, MD 21501
Baltimore County Public Schools
Baltimore City Public Schools
Stella Maris Hospice
Coppin State University
MISS Health Care Training Institute
- 5000 Sunnyside Avenue Beltsville, MD 20705
- 7600 Takoma Avenue Takoma Park, MD 20912
Programs: ADN, CNA, Health Information Management-Associate, Radiography, RN
Fomen Nursing Assistant Training Academy
- 7411 Riggs Road, Suite 210 Hyattsville, MD 20783
Quality First Career Center, Inc
- 6475 New Hampshire Avenue, Hyattsville, MD 20783
St. Elizabeth Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
Vision Allied Health Institute
Cambridge Nursing Assistant Training Academy
- 3311 Toledo Terrace Unit C-202 Hyattsville, MD 20782