CNA Classes in Clarksburg, Maryland
Clarksburg CNA Training - Maryland
You can receive your CNA certification in as little as 3 to 8 weeks.
Admissions Advisor Tip: Don't limit your options. Contact multiple schools to to compare their different offers, like financial aid packages.
How to Become a CNA in Clarksburg, Maryland
Nursing Aides are in high demand throughout Maryland. Upon receiving certification, many new graduates find employment very quickly. In Maryland, medical field job security is higher than most careers. You can earn your CNA license after completing a very short training program. CNA course requirements vary by state according to state regulations. However, many CNA programs can be completed in 8 to 12 weeks. Plus, CNA courses are considerably cheaper than attending LPN school and are an excellent way to get started in a healthcare career.
PCT · CNA · CMA – What’s the Difference?
This depends on where you live. Some PCT courses include EKG and phlebotomy training. Some Patient Care Technician programs also include HHA (Home Health Aid) certification. However, in some work environments the titles CNA and PCT are used interchangably. Some hospitals in Maryland may be hiring Nurse Care Techs (NCT), a position which you can apply for with your CNA license.
CMA can stand for Certified Medication Aide or Certified Medical Assistant, both which perform separate but overlapping duties in the workplace.
How Much Does CNA Training Cost in Clarksburg?
Nursing assistant courses at vocational colleges and allied health schools usually range between $400 and $1200. When choosing a CNA school, learn about all the associated costs required at each institution. Some schools list their program cost as all expenses included. However other schools may also require you to purchase additional materials (such as books, scrubs and materials for your clinicals) which have separate fees from the tuition costs.
CNA Refresher Courses around Clarksburg usually cost around $100-$200.
Need Tuition Assistance?
While not all schools offer financial aid for students enrolled in their CNA course, some training programs may offer assistance to help with the cost of the course or certification. Also, some CNA employers will even pay for your Nurse Assistant training or reimburse you after you successfully complete your CNA training.
Some employers in Clarksburg will cover a percentage of your CNA tuition; others will pay tuition costs up to a specific dollar amount. Often, new CNAs are required to work a particular number of months at the employer that covered their school bills. Or you may just need to reimburse them for any of the tuition costs they paid on your behalf.
When Can I Start CNA Training in Clarksburg?
Many schools that offer CNA training have new sessions beginning every 6 to 8 weeks. In many areas in Maryland, you can find CNA training starting in June 2023, July 2023, August 2023, or September 2023 available for registration now. Unlike nursing programs in Maryland, you can usually find a school starting a new session of their CNA course fairly quickly. However, some schools offer CNA classes in semester format. At these schools, you may need to wait up 3 or 4 months to start your course.
Becoming a Nurse Aide in Clarksburg is a great way to quickly gain experience in the medical field. Also check out Maryland CNA Salary info.
CNA Schools Near You & Online Near Clarksburg, Maryland
Watkins Mill High School
- 10301 Apple Ridge Road Gaithersburg, MD 20879
Morning Star Academy
- 101 Lakeforest Boulevard, Suite 402 Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Genesis Eldercare-College View
Frederick Community College
Homewood at Crumland Farms
Frederick County Health Department
Sherwood High School
- 300 Olney-Sandy Spring Road Sandy Spring, MD 20860
- 3227 Bel Pre Road Silver Spring, MD 20906
Thomas Edison High School of Technology
- 12501 Dalewood Dr Silver Spring, MD 20906
Knowledge First Institute
- 11510 Georgia Avenue, #180 Silver Spring, MD 20902
Kahak Health Care Academy
- 11141 Georgia Avenue Silver Spring, MD 20902
John F. Kennedy High School
- 1901 Randolph Road Silver Spring, MD 20902
Care ‘Xpert Academy
- 13321 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20904
Paint Branch High School
- 14121 Old Columbia Pike Burtonsville, MD 20866
Howard Community College
Montgomery County Northwood
- 919 University Blvd West Silver Spring, MD 20901
- 9101 Second Avenue Silver Spring, MD 20910
- 7600 Takoma Avenue Takoma Park, MD 20912
Programs: ADN, CNA, Health Information Management-Associate, Radiography, RN
MISS Health Care Training Institute
- 5000 Sunnyside Avenue Beltsville, MD 20705
Quality First Career Center, Inc
- 6475 New Hampshire Avenue, Hyattsville, MD 20783
Fomen Nursing Assistant Training Academy
- 7411 Riggs Road, Suite 210 Hyattsville, MD 20783
Laurel High School
Laurel College Center
Carroll Lutheran Village
- 300 St. Luke Circle Westminster, MD 21157
Carroll Community College
- 1601 Washington Road Westminster, MD 21157
Programs: ADN, CNA, LPN, RN
Fahrney Keedy Home & Village
Cambridge Nursing Assistant Training Academy
- 3311 Toledo Terrace Unit C-202 Hyattsville, MD 20782
Bethel Healthcare Institute
- 5617 Ager Road Hyattsville, MD 20782
St. Thomas More Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- 4922 LaSalle Road Hyattsville, MD 20782
- 9109 Liberty Road Randallstown, MD 21133
Milford Mill Academy
Goldenstar Education Center
Genesis Eldercare-Crescent City
TLC Nurse Aide Program
Nursing Assistant Academy
- 5811 Baltimore Avenue, Suite 101 Riverdale Park, MD 20737
Bladensburg High School
- 4200 57th Avenue Bladensburg, MD 20710
Spring Grove Hospital Center
- Wade Avenue Catonsville, MD 21228
Seton Nursing Center St. Catherine/St.Vincent Care Center
- 335 S. Seton Avenue Emmitsburg, MD 21727