RN Programs in Newtown, Pennsylvania
Get your RN degree in Newtown, Pennsylvania - online & campus-based options available.
Contact a school today for more info.
Registered Nurse Degree Info
Which schools offer Newtown RN Programs?
RN programs (both campus-based & online RN courses) are medical training programs offered by universities, vocational or technical schools, and community or junior colleges. Some hospitals even offer registered nursing training as an RN diploma.
How do I become an licensed RN?
Each state sets its own RN licensure requirements. In order to earn your RN license, you must pass the NCLEX® examination. The NCLEX® is a comprehensive nursing exam that can only be taken by graduates of nursing programs approved by your state's board of nursing.
Do I need to complete an LPN program before I go to college to get an RN Degree?
No you don't need to complete LPN training before you can get your RN license. An accredited RN Associate Degree program takes 2 years. You can earn your RN Diploma in 3 years. (BSN - 4 years, RN to BSN degrees can be 2-3 years).
Are There Free Nursing Schools in Newtown?
The education necessary to become an RN is valuable, and registered nurses make really good money in Pennsylvania. However, students can lower the cost of RN school with financial aid. There are numerous grants and nursing school scholarships in Pennsylvania. They might not make your RN degree free but it can at least be more affordable.
Contact one of the accredited nursing schools listed here to get information about the financial aid you qualify for. Find out more about online nursing schools in Pennsylvania.
RN Job Description
Registered nurses (RNs), regardless of specialty or work setting, treat patients, educate patients and the public about various medical conditions, and provide advice and emotional support to patients' family members. RNs record patients' medical histories and symptoms, help perform diagnostic tests and analyze results, operate medical machinery, administer treatment and medications, and help with patient follow-up and rehabilitation.
RN Schools Near You & Online Near Newtown, Pennsylvania
Abington Memorial Hospital
- 2701 Blair Mill Rd. Willow Grove, PA 19090
Programs: Radiography, RN
- 9432 Roosevelt Blvd. Philadelphia, PA 19115
Holy Family University
- 9801 Frankford Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19114
Programs: BSN, Family Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner - certificate, MSN, Nursing Administration, Public Health Nursing, Radiography, RN, RN to BSN
- 1325 Sumneytown Pike Gwynedd Valley, PA 19437
Programs: ADN, Health Information Management-Associate, Health Information Management-Bachelor's, MSN, Pediatric Nursing, Radiation Therapy, RN, RN to BSN
La Salle University
- 1900 West Olney Ave Philadelphia, PA 19141
Programs: BSN, Clinical Nurse Leader, DNP, Family Nurse Practitioner - certificate, LPN to BSN, MSN, RN, RN to BSN, RN to MSN
Montgomery County Community College
- 2301 E. Allegheny Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19134
Roxborough Memorial Hospital
- 5800 Ridge Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19128
Tuh Episcopal School of Nursing
- 100 East Lehigh Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19125
Programs: LPN, RN
- 1801 N. Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19122
Programs: Accelerated BSN, BSN, BSN to DNP, Clinical Nurse Leader, Health Information Management-Bachelor's, RN, RN to BSN
St Joseph’s Hospital School of Nursing
- 801 West Girard Ave. Philadelphia, PA 19122
Community College of Philadelphia
- 1700 Spring Garden Street Philadelphia, PA 19130
Programs: ADN, Medical Assistant, Radiography, RN
Thomas Jefferson University
- 1020 Walnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
Programs: Accelerated BSN, Accelerated MSN, ADN, BSN, DNP, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Nuclear Medicine Tech, Radiation Therapy, Radiography, RN, RN to BSN, Sonography
University of Pennsylvania
- 3451 Walnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19104
Programs: Accelerated BSN, BSN, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Anesthetist, Nursing Administration, Nursing PhD, Pediatric Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, RN, RN to BSN
- 3141 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19104
Programs: Accelerated BSN, BSN, BSN to DNP, Clinical Nurse Leader, DNP, Nurse Anesthetist, Physician Assistant, Radiography, RN, RN to BSN, RN to MSN
- 2301 South Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19148
- 1300 Eagle Road St. Davids, PA 19087
Programs: Accelerated BSN, BSN, RN, RN to BSN
- 2755 Station Ave. Center Valley, PA 18034
Programs: Accelerated BSN, BSN, Family Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner - certificate, MSN, Physician Assistant, RN, RN to BSN, RN to MSN
Delaware County Community College
Pennsylvania Institute of Technology
St. Luke’s Hospital
Northampton Community College
Cedar Crest College
West Chester University Pennsylvania
- 700 South High St. West Chester, PA 19383
Programs: Accelerated BSN, BSN, MSN, RN, RN to BSN
Lehigh Carbon Community College
- 4525 Education Park Dr. Schnecksville, PA 18078
Programs: ADN, Health Information Management-Associate, LPN, Medical Assistant, RN
- 201 Reeceville Road Coatesville, PA 19320
- Sixth Avenue and Spruce Street West Reading, PA 19611
East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania
- 200 Prospect Street East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
Programs: BSN, RN, RN to BSN
Lancaster General College of Nursing & Health Sciences
- 700 East Norwegian Street Pottsville, PA 17901
- 84 West South Street Wilkes Barre, PA 18766
Programs: Accelerated MSN, BSN, DNP, LPN to BSN, RN, RN to BSN, RN to MSN
Luzerne County Community College
University of Scranton
- 400 E. Second St. Bloomsburg, PA 17815
Programs: Accelerated BSN, BSN, LPN to BSN, MSN, RN, RN to BSN, RN to MSN