Medicine in general, and nursing in particular, is one of the most well respected and valuable professions that people can choose. Nursing has played an important role in advancing the cause of medicine with nurses such as Clara Barton, Florence Nightingale and countless other important figures.
However, nurses cover a wide range of areas and need to be aware of all stages of medical care. From helping to care of new born babies to helping treat elderly patients, nursing care is very important. And, keeping patients informed of everything in the process is also very important in the care of the patients.
To help patients understand the medical proceedings, we have assembled a collection of helpful, educational resources:
- Heart and Vascular Diseases - gateway of information and resources on heart and vascular diseases.
- Cardiovascular Resources - useful collection of resources pertaining to the cardiovascular system.
- Circulatory System - helpful site outlining how the circulatory system operates.
- Human Circulatory System – look at the inner workings of the circulatory system in humans.
- Digestive Diseases – informative site discussing some gastrointestinal disorders.
- Educational Gastrointestinal Resources – collection of resources covering the gastrointestinal system.
- GI System– information on the gastrointestinal system and the workings.
- Interactive Model of the Digestive System – brief overview of how the digestive system works.
- Types of Infectious Diseases – useful collection of links covering a wide range of infectious diseases.
- Infectious Diseases - information on diseases and treatment options.
- Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy – site discussing the types of infectious diseases, prevention and treatment.
- Website Resources for Providers - informative web site providing resources on infectious diseases.
- Musculoskeletal Atlas by Dr. Michael Richardson - collection of images discussing the bones in the human body.
- Musculoskeletal Disorders – information on problems that are typical in the workplace.
- Musculoskeletal System - description of the workings of the musculoskeletal system.
- Musculoskeletal Resources - information on the musculoskeletal system.
- Radiology and Medical Imaging - useful information and links on viewing the workings of the radiology department.
- Nervous System - collection of resources on the working of the nervous system.
- Neurology Resources - information on a number of different areas pertaining to the nervous system.
- Resources for Neurology - helpful collection of websites on the subject of neurology.
- Neurological Disorders - informative website talking about disorders in the field of neurology.
- Neurology Resources - guide to the neurological system and potential problems.
- Oncology Resource Guide - useful collection of resources in oncology.
- Medical Oncology & Radiation Therapy – information and resources on the field of oncology.
- Surgical Oncology - information on the study of surgical oncology.
- Oncology Definition – brief description on what is oncology.
- Oncology Resources – helpful information about oncology.
- Pediatrics - information on a variety of pediatric topics.
- Pediatric Resources - collection of useful links in the pediatric field.
- Steele Children’s Research Center – informative research site containing information important to the health of children.
- Children’s Diseases Handbook - collection of information and diseases that affect children.